Saturday, May 23, 2009

Road Trip!

I'm about to head out to pick up the rental car, but here are some final thoughts on the week. I definitely think we could have done more, been more productive, that kind of thing. We were needed on other things a lot this week, so were never really able to get cracking on that house. And to be honest, the house itself wasn't ready for us...if that makes sense.

But five days is not enough. And when I say that, I don't just mean in terms of 'finishing' something, or working on it from start to finish, that sort of thing. Maybe why I feel something lacking each time I come down and volunteer is because I end up leaving at the end, and nothing seems any better. Five days is not enough.

It was a good last night with the team. After not feeling well most of the week, I finally was able to get my drink on last night. :) I don't think I disappointed. But I should have gone to bed a few hours sooner...

Next post will be from the road!

PS--Becca, Bill, Julia, Ryan, Scott, Tina, and Tyler, thanks for making this a great week! Let's do it again in October. I love y'all, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

PPS--Marshall and Ray, I'm looking forward to the future...

No comments: