Monday, May 25, 2009

Near death on Memorial Day

While Ryan is up visiting his grandmother about a mile up the road, I need to share this little episode from breakfast at the Waffle House this morning.

When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried? For me, it was a little while ago, listening to Mamie the waitress talking to what I can only assume is a regular customer, and going through the list of 'who's died lately...and what they died of'. I know my behavior was completely inappropriate, particularly given the fact that it's Memorial Day, but she pretty much decimated her entire family tree within a couple of minutes 'with just a few leaves dangling in the breeze'...I lost it. A combination of waffle and grits lodged in my throat for a good 30 seconds while I tried to breathe.

It's going to be a good day, hitting Nashville and the Musician's Hall of Fame!

PS--After last night's Cleveland-Orlando game, I need to know--is there something wrong with Zadrunas Ilgauskas' shoulders? He seems to be unable to lift his arms above his head. How many 7-3 centers in the NBA are unable to at least challenge a tear-drop layup from a 6-4 guard? Does gravity have a greater impact on tall people?

No comments: